Edinburgh World Heritage

Where are these places? Try the EWH Mobile Trail on Google Maps.

 

94 Hanover Street - Philosophical Instrument Maker

94 Hanover Street - Philosophical Instrument Maker
Here at the sign of the ‘Golden Globe’ was the place to buy your spectacles in Regency Edinburgh.


NE Thistle Street Lane - All the King's Horses

NE Thistle Street Lane - All the King's Horses
In 1822 this lane housed the royal horses to be used for King George IV's visit.


17 Thistle Street - New Town Dispensary

17 Thistle Street - New Town Dispensary

The dispensary was set up in 1815 to afford relief to the sick and diseased poor, give attendance on 'lying-in-women' and to innoculate for cowpox.


Thistle Court

Thistle Court
Thistle Court was the first building to be completed in the New Town, but it ignored a key intention of the New Town plan.


St John's Church - French

St John's Church - French
Contrairement à d’autres édifices publics à Edimbourg, des églises comme celle de St John (Saint Jean) ont été bâties selon le style néogothique qui était à la mode à l’époque de leurs constructions.


Page 9 of 10          ‹ Previous Page  Next Page ›