Edinburgh World Heritage - News Article

 

Conservation Update

EWH has awarded grants to help fund conservation work in Lynedoch Place and Dundas Street.


Aug 17, 2010

1 – 3 Lynedoch Place
EWH has awarded a grant of £46,708 towards stonework repairs to the frontage of these listed buildings. No.s 1&2 Lynedoch Place were designed by the firm John Watherston & Sons in 1876, with an Italianate style very fashionable for commercial premises of the period. John Watherston & Sons built large parts of Edinburgh's West End speculatively sometimes to designs specified by the Walker and Heriot Trust estates, sometimes to their own. No.3 Lynedoch Place is an older property, built in 1823 dating and designed by James Milne.

22 – 28A Dundas Street & 37 Northumberland Street
A grant of £12,993 has been awarded to this prominent New Town corner block. The category B listed block will see stonework repairs to the front of the building, chimneys and parapet wall. The building dates to the early 1800s and was designed by Robert Reid and William Sibbald.



‹ Return to List
 
Recent Projects

From the three year Twelve Monuments Project to the major restoration of Well Court.

Who We Are

EWH staff directory and biographies.

Support Us

Find out how you can help support our work.


 

© Edinburgh World Heritage. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions | Cookie Policy
5 Bakehouse Close, 146 Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8DD. T: 0131 220 7720. E: info@ewht.org.uk
Registered in Scotland No.195077. Scottish charity No. SC037183

 

Website by Urwin Digital