Edinburgh World Heritage - St Andrew’s and St George’s Church

St Andrew’s and St George’s Church

Built in the 1780’s, it was the first place of worship in the New Town, The church’s ‘temple front’ is in keeping with the rest of the New Town, with its influence on the classical forms of Greece and Rome.

The eight church bells are the oldest complete peal of bells in Scotland.

‹ Return to Trail Map


© Edinburgh World Heritage. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions
5 Bakehouse Close, 146 Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8DD. T: 0131 220 7720. E: info@ewht.org.uk
Registered in Scotland No.195077. Scottish charity No. SC037183

Website by Urwin Digital