Dine in Historic Style
Cannonball House is a good example, a seventeenth century townhouse now opened as an award winning restaurnat, cafe and ice cream parlour by Victor & Carina Contini. The building dates back to 1630, and look out for the initials of the original owners Alexander Mure and his wife Margaret Niellems, above one of the upper windows. The menu is designed around locally sourced produce from over 70 artisan suppliers. Produce from their own one acre kitchen garden features strongly on the menu.
The Contini’s restaurant on George Street provides a contrasting setting in the Georgian New Town. It was designed in 1883 for the Bank of Scotland, in the flamboyant style of an Italian Renaissance palace. The bank’s coat of arms can still be seen over the main entrance portico, and following the style of architecture, the restaurant specialises in classic Italian dishes with imports of produce from markets around Italy arriving direct every week.
To find out more visit www.contini.com